We forward you a list of amazing family events happening in our back yard.
This list was curated by Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces. This year they are celebrating 90 years of service. Happy Anniversary!
May is National Older Americans and Water Safety Month, and Miami-Dade Parks is pleased to offer year-round activities for active adults, so be sure to find something to do at a park near you!
The weather is heating up, which means it’s almost beach and boating season and time to enroll your child, or yourself, in a swim/water safety class so everyone can enjoy a safe and fun summer.
Miami-Dade Parks wants to hear from you! Throughout the coming months, we will be hosting Parks and Program Planning Workshops where you can share your ideas and help us expand on the Parks and Open Space Master Plan, which celebrates its 10th anniversary.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter or on our website for information on our year-long 90th Anniversary celebration, and the latest news and updates from Miami-Dade Parks! www.miamidade.gov/parks
- Pinecrest Active Seniors Summer Camp, Miami EcoAdventures, May 20-24
- Sunrise Photography, Deering Estate, May 25
- Introduction to Archery, AD Barnes Park, May 25
- Volunteer EcoAction Day, AD Barnes Park, May 25, June 22
- Palmetto Bay @Deering Estate, Memorial Day Celebration, Deering Estate, May 25
- Fishing for Beginners, Bill Sadowski Park, May 25
- Commissioner Sally Heyman presentsFree Movie Night at Haulover Park – Incredibles 2, Haulover Park, Lot #2 Event Area, May 25
- Chapman Field Kayak Trek, Chapman Field Park, May 26
- Sea Kayak & Snorkel Adventure, Crandon Park Nature Center, May 26
- Key Biscayne Kayaking Oceanside, Crandon Park, May 27
- Speaking Sustainably Film Series “Fishing the Flats for Science,”Deering Estate, May 29
- Plan your Parks Workshop, Miller Lakes Pond, May 29, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Plan your Parks Workshop, Arcola Lakes Senior Center, May 31, 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Plan your Parks Workshop, South Dade Park, May 30, 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Haulover Community Action Day, Haulover Beach Park, North Lot, June 1, 9:30 a.m.
- Volunteer Eco-Action Day, Bill Sadowski Park, June 1
- Bluegrass Festival, Greynolds Park, June 2, noon – 6 p.m.Lighthouses of Biscayne Bay Cruise, Deering Estate, June 8, July 13, August 10, September 14
- Volunteer Eco-Action Day, Crandon Park, May 11, June 8
- Volunteer Eco-Action Day, Arch Creek Park, May 11, June 8
- Adventure Camp at AD Barnes Park: Summer Nature Camp, AD Barnes Park, June 10-28
- Summer Nature Camp: Camp Manatee at Greynolds Park Boathouse, Greynolds Park, June 10 – August 16
- Summer Nature Camp: Camp Black Bear at AD Barnes Park, AD Barnes Park, June 10 – August 16
- Summer Nature Camp: Fishing Camp at Tropical Park, Tropical Park, July 8 – August 16
- Introduction to Archery, EcoAdventures Nature Centers, Various
- Aquatic Exercise Program for Disabled & Aging Veterans, Free, Marva Bannerman, AD Barnes, & West Perrine Pools, Various days and times
- Adapted Archery, Camp Matecumbe Park, Tuesdays through May 2019Upcoming EcoAdventures events, Various
- Southwest Farmers Market Tropical Park, Saturdays
- Golf Miami-Dade Patron Card $50 Membership, All six Miami-Dade Golf Courses, year-round
- National Geographic Photo Ark, Zoo Miami, through October 2019
- Pelican Harbor Tai Chi, Pelican Harbor Marina, Mondays 9 a.m. & Thursdays 6 p.m.
- Country Club of Miami 9-Hole Summer Golf League, Country Club of Miami, Wednesdays, 5:30 p.m.
- Meet Me at the Park Various
- Meet Me at the Park Line Dancing, Gwen Cherry YET Center, every 1st Saturday of the month
- Meet Me at the Park: Zumba for Health with Baptist, Westwind Lakes Park, Last Wednesday of the month, 6 p.m.
- Meet Me at the Park: Bike Safety Excursion with FDOT, Goulds Park Community Center, 3rd Saturday of the month.
- Meet Me at the Park: Raices Music Jams, Raices Cultural Arts Center at Miller Drive Park, 1st Friday of the month, 6 p.m.
- Meet Me at the Park: Active Adults Social Club, North Trail Park, 3rd Friday of the month, 11 a.m.
- Meet Me at the Park: Kids Fun Fit Camp, South Dade Park, 3rd Friday of the month, 4 p.m.
- Meet Me at the Park: Tai Chi, The Women’s Park, Thursdays, 10 a.m.
- Nature Enrichment Programs, Greynolds Park, Weekly, Various dates and times
- Fun Kayak Rentals, East Greynolds Park, Daily
- Fit2Play Afterschool Program, Various, Daily 2-6 p.m.
- Food Truck Tuesdays Haulover Park, Bill Bird Marina, Tuesdays, 5-10 p.m.
- Soccer 5 Academy, Various, Year-round programs, ages 3-15
- Soccer5 Adult Leagues, Multiple locations and times, Year-round, Ages 18 and over
Additional information for events in Miami Dade County can be found here.